We recently learned about a new job opening within the catering and events industry from one of our NACE members . Please see below for those interested in a Senior Event Manager at Cescaphe. For more information or to apply, please contact Christine Schrader at [email protected].
Event Manager is responsible for the overall success of Event Managers and Event Manager direct reports (i.e. maître d’, head server). On-going training, management, maintenance of staffing pars, including hiring, termination and promotion of Event Managers, maître d’s, head servers, servers and bussers; setting staff schedules for all FOH areas, other than bar. Provides input and feedback for training material and job specific manuals. Develops and updates department specific reporting forms. Ensures all Event Managers are following procedures; corrects and redirects through timely and constructive feedback.
In addition, Event Manager will partake in all required management meetings and provide necessary departmental financial information. They will attend events to ensure they are up-to-date on event specifics. Each team member is expected to assist when and where necessary to ensure flawless execution. The Sr. Event Manager will be required to perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Displays energy, persistence, and passion for position.
• Exemplifies and exhibits CEG Core Values and Mission Statement on a consistent basis.
• Demonstrates innovation in new ideas and solutions.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; motivates others with enthusiasm to embrace change.
• Accepts new responsibilities without being asked.
Quality of Judgment/Decision Making
• Makes sound decisions through consideration of all facts, areas and people affected or involved.
• Makes effective and timely decisions, especially in high priority and stressful situations.
• Incorporates others in decision making processes, using discretion of when and to whom information is disclosed.
• Defines, anticipates, and prevents problems; overcomes obstacles and generates alternative solutions.
• Sets clear performance expectations through direction and goals; defines quantity, quality, and time for each expectation.
• Reviews employee performances for levels of quantity, quality and timeliness achieved.
• Interacts with all employees to develop a high level of teamwork, productivity and morale; resolves conflicts constructively and professionally.
• Delegates tasks according to employee capabilities and development goals; sets clear objectives and priorities.
• Responds to employee needs, requests, and concerns in a timely manner and with demonstrated fairness.
• Motivates others to increase performance and learning.
• Treats guests with care and respect at all times; goes above and beyond to create an extraordinary experience for clients and guests.
• Assumes responsibility for clients and events that cannot be fulfilled by Event Managers, as needed.
Training and Development
• Develops and utilizes training programs, e-learning material, meetings, job assignments, and company policies and procedures to develop employee skills in order to meet productivity levels.
• Pursues own personal development, identifying areas for self-improvement and establishing plans for development and follow through.
• Accepts constructive criticism professionally and applies suggestions for self-improvement.
• Communicates performance feedback honestly, professionally, and in timely manner.
• Coaches employees as needed to improve performance.
Planning and Organizing
• Uses objectives, schedules, policies, and procedures to obtain desired levels of productivity.
• Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality.
• Maintains well-organized files and materials, creating a productive and efficient work environment.
• Works with management to coordinate training as needed to meet business needs.